NARRATIVE DESIGN HEROES NEEDED
Who are we?
Hero Entertainment's ten development studios create mobile games that engage over 400 million registered users. From Crisis Action series, We Dance, We Race, King of Warship, Utopia: Origin, Art of War: Red Tide and NBA LIVE to bold new genres. By integrating its powerful operating system, marketing edge and innovative technology, Hero Entertainment has established a progressive development practice with broad agency distribution and research resources. Its CEO is the youngest on the China stock exchange, and the culture is equally fresh, modern and ambitious.
Hero Entertainment is also China's leading eSports operator, venue constructor, and sponsorship solution provider with a 70% share in top domestic eSports events, covering 95% of local eSports users.
Where you would come in...
As a member of our Overseas Group, you'll be part of an international games operation business that empowers our overseas studios and marketing teams to integrate creative, design, art, localization and internationalization processes into game development. This global initiative is vested in creating games appealable to international markets. You will help ensure our services, products and content are delivered to the highest standards worldwide.
You will set industry standards on craft and deliver extraordinary narrative to enrich and support the historical, fantasy or mythological context of Hero's games. Your creative writing and game design input will meet product and narrative goals while making products more widely appealable to global markets.
• You will collaborate with our game designers on copywriting and editing of dialogue scripts. You will hone existing characters and tones while creating new brand ones.
• You will direct our gameplay goals to voice actors in the recording sessions.
• You will spearhead content development for western markets with research, brainstorming, story briefs, and scripts
• You will collaborate with multiple disciplines to deliver a seamless and shared creative vision.
Work collaboratively with team members across varied disciplines to seamlessly deliver a shared creative vision.
• Native or bilingual proficiency in English or German. If your native language is German, you will need bilingual or professional proficiency in written English for company communications.
• Hold long-term living experience in either the US or Europe with a deep understanding of local culture and user groups.
• Experience in game development, working with the narrative aspects of the game is a plus.
• A talent for writing spoken dialogue with an emphasis on clarity, brevity, and character as required.
• Experience collaborating with team members on visual scenes, dialogue, story pacing, and gameplay.
• Experience with writing and dialogue editing within game or localization tools.
• Eager to help develop tools and processes that will bring VO across a rich game world.
• Familiarity in world history or any Western mythology.
• Knowledge or familiarity in more than one mythological systems, e.g. Greek, Northern European, Cthulhu, Egyptian, Zoroastrianism, Demonology, Celtic.
• Knowledge or familiarity in American comics.
• Knowledge or familiarity in western fantasy literature, e.g. The Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Cthulhu.
• Passionate game player, familiar with gameplay, and able to demonstrate a basic commercial understanding and analysis of the games played
English, Chinese (Mandarin)
Only Candidates from this countries can apply:
Date Posted: 2021-10-28
Date Modified: 2021-10-28