Afterschool is a community bilingual library and learning center. We offer quality classes in different subjects to children in our neighborhood. We are known for our friendly and fun atmosphere and high quality classes. In our English classes, children learn to read and communicate in English through a leveled-reading curriculum. Our students’ age range from 4-12. Because of their young age, we like to keep the class size small. Right now we have on average 5 students in a class and we set the limit at 8.
We currently have two job openings, which involves teaching English to preschool children aged 4-6 and elementary school children. The class content would include teaching children basic English words and sentences through games, songs, picture books and our levelled reading curriculum. The teaching time will be 22 hours per week (6 hours on one weekday, 6 hours on one weekend day and then 3 hours a day on the other weekdays, one weekend day off).
1. Interact well with small children.
2. A Bachelor’s degree. If in the field of education a great plus, but not required.
3. 2+ years experience teaching small children is a plus but not required.
5. Great interpersonal and intercultural communication skills.
Your total salary will be negotiable and decided after your interview with us. The final salary will be affected by your experience, educational background and commitment to our school.
1. Base salary: 12,000 RMB (22 hours of teaching time) after tax per month.
2. Housing subsidy: 3000 RMB per month.
3. School will assist in the application of work visa(the teacher must meet the government’s requirements for applying for a work visa).
4. Accident Insurance.
5. 10 days of paid holiday leave in the summer and 10 days of paid holiday leave during Spring Festival.
6. Free airport pick-up and assistance in finding an apartment.