At Chongqing New Oriental we are looking for full-time teachers to join our kids department, focusing on teaching English to children aged 3-12. You will be responsible for planning and giving classes using our prepared course materials, communicate with Chinese colleague teachers in preparation for your classes and participating in school activities.
TEACHER SUPPORT AND DEVELOPMENT
You will be working in a small team with foreign management. The team of foreign teachers is managed by a Foreign Teacher Supervisor. Our world-class teacher development program will provide the opportunity to enroll in certification courses and training modules, thereby enabling you to advance your career beyond classroom teaching into potential education management positions in the future. Teachers will also be encouraged to participate in company-organized networking and social events, Chinese language classes and other community based activities.
• Planning and delivering English courses to children in small classes or workshops and one-on-one teaching.
Arguably one of the most economically important cities in Western China, Chongqing is a modern city of opportunities. Located among water reserves, mineral resources, dense forests, mountains and valleys, Chongqing has become the economic center and a major transportation hub since its separation from Chengdu province in 1996. Chongqing is one of 4 direct-controlled municipalities in China, the other three being Beijing, Shanghai and Tianjin. Chongqing is a vibrant mix of western and Chinese culture as well of a stunning mix of the modern and traditional China. In the city center, you'll find big shopping malls adorned with brand names such as Gucci, Armani and LV but as you move toward the country-side you'll find old town districts like Ciqikou which appears to have simply stopped in time a hundred years ago. In the streets of Ciqikou you'll find old traditional foods, an older feel and atmosphere and the traditional houses with the curved tiled roofs. There is also plenty to eat in Chongqing and aside from the near-world famous Chongqing Hotpot you'll find almost every kind of food imaginable, from all over the world.
• You have at least a Bachelor's degree and hold a relevant teaching certificate (TEFL, TESOL).
• You have 1-2 years of previous teaching experience, preferably in your home country, South-East Asia or in China.
• You are highly motivated and you can work with flexible timetables, you are active, outgoing and you love children!
• Competitive Salary of 11,000 yuan (pre-tax).
• A 5-day work-week. 2 days off during the weekdays.
• A maximum of 80 teaching hours per month.
• No office hours.
• 6-12 students in a class, students age from 4-12.
• Course Material provided by the school.
• Chinese National Holidays off and additional 10 days paid leave.
• Medical Insurance and accident insurance.
• Airport/Train station pickup and arrival assistance
• We will assist you with finding an apartment and getting settled into your new life in Chongqing.
Primary-Secondary Education, TEFL-ESL
Visa Support Yes
Only Candidates from this countries can apply:
Australia, Canada, Germany, Denmark, United Kingdom, Ireland, Norway, New Zealand, Sweden, United States
Date Posted: 2017-02-22