Athena Academic English
Athena Academic English is dedicated to enhancing the ability of students 4-15 years old to use academic English in an international environment, especially the ability to read and write. Athena Academic English is devoted to building a personalized K-12 international education journey for Chinese students and advocates for them to develop the skills of “Learning to Learn, Learning to Think.”
Athena Academic English’s course framework is independently researched and developed based on the needs of Chinese students and is benchmarked to the US Common Core State Standards. All teachers with Athena Academic English are native English speakers who are dedicated to the goal of improving their students’ ability to use academic English through Athena Academic English’s guided reading and writing programs with a small class size of 8-12 students.
Currently, Athena Academic English has 9 centers in Shanghai, Shenzhen, Hangzhou, and Ningbo.
• Working Hours: 40 working hours based on 5 days/week, 8 hours/day. (2 days off during weekdays)
• Length of Contract: Preferably two-year renewable contract with two months probationary period. Salary raise for second-year is based on the first-year performance and evaluation.
• Class Size: 4-12 students
• Student Age: Kindergarten, Primary, Middle and High school
• From one-year to five-year teaching experience according to different positions;
• TESOL qualification (120 hours+).
• Bachelor’s degree in either Arts or Sciences. Preference currently given to candidates with a scientific or technical background.
• Good understanding of good classroom practice and key principles of child learning.
• Ability to effectively collaborate with others to achieve desired outcomes.
• Ability to communicate through verbal and written means with individuals and small groups at all levels of the organization.
• Strong organizational skills and time management skills; ability to be flexible and solve problems.
• Experience in managing multiple tasks and the ability to deal positively with obstacles to progress.
• Strong understanding and application of educational concepts and learning principles to classroom practice.
• Experience and competence with digital technology in the classroom.
• Prior experience with teaching programming, electronics and technology.
• Prior experience in international departments and/or international school settings.
Compensation and Benefits
• Base Salary:15,000-23,000RMB/month, various according to different positions, junior English Teacher/Senior English Teacher/Head English Teacher.
• Housing Allowance
• Annual bonus
• Work visa sponsorship
• Top level global medical insurance
• Airfare allowance
• Paid holidays
• Paid Sick Leave days
• Annual Health Check
• Arrival Assistance (such as airport pickup and apartment search)
• Holiday Benefits
• Free accommodations upon first arrival
• TEFL (if needed)
Training Organization / Language School
Education, English Teacher
Classroom Management, English Teaching
Visa Support Yes
Only Candidates from this countries can apply:
Australia, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, New Zealand, United States, South Africa
Date Posted: 2019-08-09
Date Modified: 2019-08-19