Calling all English, History, and Philosophy majors, literature enthusiasts, and talented wordsmiths. Pass on your love of liberal arts and writing to students as an ENREACH Critical Reading and Writing Instructor in China.
ENREACH’s English Literature course is the backbone of our liberal arts program. You’ll be helping some of China’s brightest talent, ages 9 to 18, by taking them through the process of analyzing, crafting, and composing narrative essays before moving through expository forms, persuasion, and research.
THE CRITICAL READING & WRITING (CRW) PROGRAM
Each course is 30 hours divided over 10 sessions using interesting content from American and International Literature, Modern and Ancient World History, Environmental Science or through specific writing topics such as Expository Writing. Each lesson has reading, writing, collaboration and speech activities arranged to help students deliver a final project or presentation in the last lesson. Courses are arranged to complement the maturity and learning development of our students. Our younger learners (Grade 4 to 5) practice identifying the key information in a text and expressing it in their own words, while our older learners (Grade 8 to 10) are trained to analyze primary sources and to examine narratives in challenging works of literature. Whether it is the Pharaohs of Egypt, Louis Armstrong, Crime stories or a short story by Gabriel Marquez or Shirley Jackson the content is designed to engage students and drive a love of learning while systematically developing critical thinking, encouraging collaboration, releasing creativity and deepening global knowledge.
Join a supportive team of international educators passionate about learning. We take pride in both experience and results, along with quality education and continuing success. Develop new skills in a growing, startup environment that fosters creativity and values contributions.
ENREACH is a division of Dipont Education, a leading education management group in China and pioneer in development and customization of international language programs for students. Founded in 1990, Dipont is a growing company with a global team of over 1000 employees and currently operates in 27 learning centers across 18 Chinese cities.
ENREACH’s unique gifted and talented enrichment curriculum follows western educational standards. It is comprised of College Counseling, English Literature, Public Speaking, English Drama and Performance, and Academic Debate.
• Bachelor’s degree in any discipline (writing or English preferred)
• Teaching experience preferred
• The ability to live and work in China for one to two years
• A commitment to excellence, an entrepreneurial mindset, and the ability to work efficiently in a startup environment
At ENREACH, taking care of staff is our priority. Discover an exciting life abroad, receive a great employment package, and join a fun and supportive team – all in a workplace that you’ll love.
• Comprehensive benefits package including an average salary of 20,500+ RMB per month, Chinese holidays, paid vacation, flight reimbursement, contract renewal bonus, and more
• Company relocation support including airport pick up, initial hotel stay, apartment hunting assistance, and cash advance
• 100% covered employee health insurance
• Sponsored legal Chinese (Z) Work Visa
• Freedom to creatively adapt curriculum to the needs of each class
• Development and participation in writing competitions
• Opportunity to connect with 10+ ENREACH partner programs worldwide
• An enjoyable life abroad in one of China’s major cities: Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Ningbo, Nanjing, Wuxi, Xi'an or Chengdu
• Cultural immersion and the chance to meet people from around the world
Middle School Level, High School Level, Elementary Level
Analytic Thinking, Analytical Skills, Communications Writing, Critical Reading, Teacher
Visa Support Yes
Only Candidates from this countries can apply:
Australia, Canada, China, United Kingdom, Ireland, New Zealand, United States
Date Posted: 2021-05-07
Date Modified: 2021-05-07