Company: Athena Academy
Department: Athena Academy Center Team
Position: Head Teacher
• Pro-actively oversee and implement Athena curricula, screener and placement processes.
• Pro-actively oversee and implement Athena standards for student monitoring, assessment, feedback and reporting.
• Pro-actively oversee teachers’ academic administration documents (i.e. lesson plans and course files).
• Share teaching resources with colleagues at other Athena centers.
• Help to organize teacher training workshops that respond to both individual teacher, center and company needs.
• Implement Athena standards for teacher appraisal, including scheduled lesson evaluations, check-in sessions and setting of individual objectives.
• Maintain updated and accurate records of individual teacher training and observations.
• Mentor and coach individual teacher to help them achieve their development goals.
• Support ongoing curriculum development of courses by retaining and sharing teaching resources and occasionally developing new resources under direction of Head Teacher/Academic Management.
• Organize and co-lead focused and action-oriented weekly meetings with center staff and teachers.
• Complete all academic reporting as assigned by Head Teacher/Academic Management.
• Conduct interviews of new teachers along with Center Manager, reporting feedback to HR.
• Support the Centre Manager with marketing events when needed.
• Set high expectations that inspire, motivate and challenge students.
• Plan and teach outstanding and engaging lessons that meet course syllabus goals and objectives while applying Athena teaching approaches.
• Effectively deploy a range of strategies to manage and develop the classroom environment to create a welcoming, open, effective and positive learning environment.
• Differentiate class instruction, activities and resources in order to maximise learning opportunities for all learners.
• Apply appropriate forms of assessment to monitor student progress.
• Provide timely and effective student feedback.
• Update, maintain and submit a record of attendance, assessment and lesson planning using Athena course files.
• Write student reports and participate in teacher-parent meetings as per Athena Guidelines.
• Conduct student screeners and placement as per Athena guidelines.
About the company
Athena Academy is the subsidiary of Elite K-12 International Education Group. We adopt the US Common Core Standard and the teaching methodologies of Project-based Learning (PBL) in designing our programs. Our aim is to provide our students opportunities in not only learning Academic English, but also acquiring the soft-skills of critical thinking, collaboration, communication, problem solving and creativity, which will enable them to adapt and enhance their own capacity in this constantly changing 21st century.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in either Arts or Sciences. Preference currently given to candidates with an English, Education or Science major.
• A teaching qualification such as CELTA, TESOL, ideally at postgraduate level.
• Experience of developing own lesson plans and resources while working towards set goals and objectives.
• 3-4 years of teaching experience, ideally related to the teaching of reading, writing and/or general English courses and/or 6-9 months Senior Teacher experience at Athena Academy.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Excellent understanding of good classroom practice and key principles of child learning.
• Ability to effectively collaborate with others to achieve desired outcomes.
• Strong organizational skills and time management skills; ability to be flexible and solve problems.
• Experience in managing multiple tasks and the ability to deal positively with obstacles to progress.
• Excellent ability to communicate through verbal and written means with individuals and small groups at all levels of the organization.
Desired Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Holds a postgraduate qualification in an education-related discipline, with post-qualification experience.
• Strong understanding and application of educational concepts and learning principles to classroom practice.
• Experience of effectively managing a team.
• Experience of managing and collaborating across departments and/or locations.
• Experience and competence with digital technology in the classroom.
• Prior experience with teaching programming, electronics and technology.
• Prior experience at English training centres.
• Prior experience in international departments and/or international school settings.
• Prior experience with IB PYP, Inquiry-based learning, Project-based learning.
Salary Package & Benefits
1.Competitive monthly salary :20,000-23,000RMB/month, open to talk according to teachers experience and background.
2. Monthly housing allowance（2000-4000RMB）
3.Sonspered Z visa
4.Annual bonus: up to 110% one-month salary (based on performance)
5.10 days paid annual leave + statutory holidays
6.Top level global medical insurance: MSH
7.Annual flight allowance 6000RMB
8.Provide help for finding a suitable apartment
9.7 nights free accommodation upon first arrival
Academic English, English
Visa Support Yes
Only Candidates from this countries can apply:
Australia, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, New Zealand, United States, South Africa
Date Posted: 2019-02-27
Date Modified: 2019-02-27