Location: Shanghai, Shenzhen, Hangzhou, Ningbo
Working Hours: Wednesday to Friday 1-8pm, Saturday to Sunday 9am-6pm. The work time will be changed for different campus.
This individual will be primarily a professional teacher who delivers and manages high quality and engaging lessons across the Athena curriculum.
This individual will also be expected to engage with a professional, collaborative culture of personal and departmental responsibility and ongoing improvement and growth.
• Uphold the highest standards of professional behavior, communication, attitude and appearance as per the Athena Employee Handbook.
• Set high expectations that inspire, motivate and challenge students.
• Plan and teach outstanding and engaging lessons that meet course syllabus goals and objectives while applying Athena teaching approaches.
• Effectively deploy a range of strategies to manage and develop the classroom environment to create a welcoming, open, effective and positive learning environment.
• Differentiate class instruction, activities and resources in order to maximize learning opportunities for all learners.
• Apply appropriate forms of assessment to monitor student progress.
• Provide timely and effective student feedback.
• Update, maintain and submit a record of attendance, assessment and lesson planning using Athena course files.
• Write student reports and participate in teacher-parent meetings as per Athena Guidelines.
• Conduct student screeners and placement as per Athena guidelines.
• Attend and positively contribute questions, solutions and updates to weekly center staff meeting.
• Share teaching resources with colleagues at all Athena centers.
• Actively participate in professional development, including training workshops and peer observations while implementing suggestions for improvement.
• Engage reflectively and positively with the routine and ongoing teacher appraisal process.
• Support the Center Manager and Center Head Teacher/Associate Head Teacher with marketing events.
• Must have a minimum of 1-2 years of teaching experience related to the teaching of reading, writing and/or general English courses; OR a well-recognised TESOL qualification (120 hours+).
• Bachelor’s degree in either Arts or Sciences. Preference currently given to candidates with a scientific or technical background.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Good understanding of good classroom practice and key principles of child learning.
• Experience of developing own lesson plans and resources while working towards set goals and objectives.
• Ability to effectively collaborate with others to achieve desired outcomes.
• Ability to communicate through verbal and written means with individuals and small groups at all levels of the organization.
• Strong organizational skills and time management skills; ability to be flexible and solve problems.
• Experience in managing multiple tasks and the ability to deal positively with obstacles to progress.
Desired Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Strong understanding and application of educational concepts and learning principles to classroom practice.
• Experience and competence with digital technology in the classroom.
• Prior experience with teaching programming, electronics and technology.
• Prior experience in international departments and/or international school settings.
1. Monthly housing allowance（2000-4000 RMB）
2. Legal Work Visa
3. Annual bonus: up to 1-month salary (based on performance)
4. 11 days paid annual leave plus 11 days local statutory holidays
5. Top level global medical insurance: MSH
6. Annual health check
7. Annual flight allowance up to 6000rmb
8. 7 nights accommodation upon arrival
9. Airport pickup service
10. Holiday Benefits
Training Organization / Language School
Education, English Teacher
Classroom Management, English Teaching, Lesson Planning
Visa Support Yes
Only Candidates from this countries can apply:
Australia, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, New Zealand, United States, South Africa
Date Posted: 2019-04-01
Date Modified: 2019-04-11