LaowaiCareer Job Board is seeking ESL tutors who love children and want to make learning fun for their students. As an ESL tutor, you will be someone the children look up to and seek inspiration from, in addition to helping with their English studies. We have very high academic expectations which is why we are looking for a ESL tutors who cares deeply about the success of their students.
As an ESL tutor, you will be teaching English to students ranging from small classes of 10 to 25 people. Key activities include planning and delivering lessons using our own ESL courseware, evaluating student progress and providing ongoing guidance for improvement. You will also participate in social activities designed to help students use their English in real world situations, such as social activates, movie nights and dinners. We are open to new ideas to encourage student engagement!
You’ll be joining a fantastic group of ESL tutors from China and around the world who are passionate about youth education. Our partner institutions provide regular opportunities to share effective teaching practices and welcomes creativity. Teamwork is a central value for us since we believe we can all improve with guidance from others. The majority of our partner institutions are ranked in top 20 schools in China.
ESL TUTORS SUPPORT AND DEVELOPMENT
Our tutors can join ESL tutor development program that provides the opportunity to enroll in certification courses and training modules so you can continually advance your career. All ESL tutors are also encouraged to participate in company-organized networking and social events, Chinese classes and other community-based activities.
Teaching English using our provided coursework, maintaining daily office hours Monday through Friday, attending teacher development activities and assisting is curriculum development.
[Cost of living in China]
The cost of living in China is cheap compared to major Western cities. Our ESL tutors find that they are able to live quite comfortably and travel well on their salary, whilst also being able to add to their savings. Our current staff has a comfortable lifestyle in a safe and friendly city. Foreigners are still very much a minority, but the number of expats living in China continues to grow year by year and there are many opportunities to get together and socialize with other expats outside of our school.
Having accommodated ESL tutors for a number of years, we are experienced in supporting new colleagues both in relocation and professional development.
If you would like to find out more about working and living in China, we can put you in contact with of our current ESL tutors who will be happy to answer your queries on an informal basis.
Our ESL Tutors should have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or above;
- A TEFL(Teach English as a foreign language) Certification (TEFL sponsorship available);
- Teaching experience preferred;
We will provide assistance with all steps of the visa process.
ESL Tutors Employment Package:
- 14,000 – 28,000 RMB per month (based on qualifications);*
- Basic furnished accommodation provided on campus with all utilities and WIFI;*
- Three meals a day in the school cafeteria;*
- 8,000 RMB annual flight allowance;
- Sponsored legal Z work visa;
- 10,000 RMB salary advance available;*
- Health insurance;
- 10 paid annual leave days plus 11 national holidays;
- Airport pick-up upon arrival;
- Free hotel accommodation during the first week of arrival;*
- ESL tutor certification programs included;*
- Free Mandarin Chinese lessons;*
* Different partner institutions may provide different benefits to ESL tutors and are up to final confirmation upon a successful interview.