China Global Television Network, or CGTN, is China’s new international media organization. It was launched by the national broadcaster China Central Television (CCTV) on December 31, 2016.
By launching CGTN, we want to re-brand our product to the world, to cope with the global trend in media convergence.
CGTN English is the flagship channel. The strategy, “Mobile first”, aims to fulfill the demands of global viewers and users for easier access to content on different platforms. With an international team of professionals from more than 70 countries and regions, CGTN is an investment in the future of news media.
We are now seeking a Line Producer to join the team in Beijing.
1.Build and put to air business news programs for CGTN Beijing working on a daily basis to the Producer (General/Business News) . The output includes China/Asia financial, trade and investment issues with a special focus on China
2.Take responsibility for daily program production and workflow, working with a team of producers, reporters, writers, guest bookers and control room/technical staff
3.Write and edit the work of others
4.Be proficient in voicing stories and soundbites
5.Work closely with Planning & Assignment Producers on both daily and long-term story commissioning for business news across Asia and in consultation with the Intake team across the CGTN global network.
1. Bachelor degree.
2. 5 years of experience in news reporting or gathering, preferably at an overseas TV network.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
4. Experienced at responding to changing circumstances and breaking news. Remains calm and patient under pressure.
5. Strong interest in China and APAC countries.
6. Positive approach and proactive working style.
7. Must be able to work irregular hours and work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
8. Speak English as working language as idiomatic level preferred.
Broadcast Production, Business News, General News
Visa Support Yes
Only Candidates from this countries can apply:
Date Posted: 2019-03-25
Date Modified: 2019-04-19