The Beijing Review is seeking a Journalist/Reporter for its News Unit. The ideal candidate will have vast experience in and thorough understanding of the editorial process and the production process that go into making premiere digital news video.
We’re looking for someone who can pitch, develop and research stories based off of newsroom priorities and lines of coverage. The journalist or a reporter will churn out a high volume of engaging content that helps drive video views and expand audience. He/she must have a proven track record of solid editorial judgment that aligns with the ethics of The Beijing Review newsroom. The journalist or a reporter must also be comfortable working on tight, demanding deadlines and in high-stress breaking news situations. The job will require some travel.
The Journalist may work on a range of Beijing Review's video content, including breaking news, enterprise and show/series production. For more in depth work, he/she may be responsible for story development, character casting, coordinating logistics between in-house production and external production companies, and post-production assistance. The ideal candidate will be highly organized with the ability to manage schedules and handle the hiring and management of crews and freelance vendors when necessary.
- Generate creative, engaging, polished, content, managing workflow to ensure timely and successful project completion.
- Ensure that all shot and recorded media is properly labeled, ingested, backed up and organized.
- Work closely with the Director, DP, Camera Operators and Compositors, providing input to create engaging visual sequences that will captivate viewers.
- Communicate and coordinate graphic element deliverables from Graphics Department.
- Communicate and coordinate VFX deliverables from Compositing Department.
- Create and present rough-cuts and animatics for discussion with internal clients or supervisors and making necessary changes.
- Ensure accuracy, and production quality of the final deliverable files, preventing any files being delivered with un-intended results or errors.
- Diligently update, maintain, and optimize the media delivery workflow, working with various outlets to verify specifications, and ensure successful delivery of our files.
- Deliver media to various outlets in an efficient, accurate, and timely manner, verifying successful delivery of correct files to their designated outlets.
- Effectively support projects and teams, and demonstrate creativity, effective oral and written communication, listening and decision making skills .
- Maintain accessible library of all completed work.
- Maintain Library of stock and running footage as well as stock music and sound effects libraries.
Journalist / Reporter Requirements:
- At least 1 year of finding, interrogating and translating complex sets of data into actionable insights;
- Deep understanding for how local, regional and cultural differences impact data sets;
- Passion for storytelling;
- Ability to contribute to the creative process in content/marketing campaigns with a team of Editors and Designers;
- Ability to work successfully within a team and cross-cultural environment;
- Experience using Excel and various data analysis tools and technologies;
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree;
- Tremendous curiosity, energy and enthusiasm to drive the business forward.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position is $30,000 - $40,000. We have a generous benefits package which includes health insurance, dental and vision insurance, 10 paid holidays, 20 vacation days per year, 5 floating holidays per year, 12 sick days per year.
Newspapers, Online Media, Publishing
Production, Writing/Editing, Art/Creative
Breaking News, Business News, E-news, Editing Newsletters, General News, Industry News, Journalists, News Edit Pro, News Production, News Release Writing, NewsEdit, Newsmaker, Newsroom, Registered Professional Reporter
Visa Support Yes
Only Candidates from this countries can apply:
Date Posted: 2019-09-29
Date Modified: 2019-09-29