Company: Athena Academy
Department: Athena Academy Center Team
Position: English Teacher /Senior English Teacher
Working Hours: Wed-Fri: 1pm-8pm Weekend: 9am-6pm
Location: 10 minutes walking from Sea World station on Line 2, Shenzhen
• Uphold the highest standards of professional behavior, communication, attitude and appearance as per the Athena Employee Handbook.
• Set high expectations that inspire, motivate and challenge students.
• Plan and teach outstanding and engaging lessons that meet course syllabus goals and objectives while applying Athena teaching approaches.
• Effectively deploy a range of strategies to manage and develop the classroom environment to create a welcoming, open, effective and positive learning environment.
• Differentiate class instruction, activities and resources in order to maximize learning opportunities for all learners.
• Apply appropriate forms of assessment to monitor student progress.
• Provide timely and effective student feedback.
• Update, maintain and submit a record of attendance, assessment and lesson planning using Athena course files.
• Write student reports and participate in teacher-parent meetings as per Athena Guidelines.
• Conduct student screeners and placement as per Athena guidelines
• Support Head Teacher/Associate Head Teacher in training staff and supporting junior staff.
• Support Head Teacher/Associate Head Teacher in local-level curriculum adaptation and implementation.
• Support Head Teacher/Associate Head Teacher with routine center academic reporting.
• Take a leading role in positively contributing questions, solutions and updates to weekly center staff meeting.
• Take a leading role in sharing teaching resources with colleagues at all Athena centers.
• Actively participate in professional development, including training workshops and peer observations while implementing suggestions for improvement.
• Support the Center Manager and Center Head Teacher/Associate Head Teacher with marketing events.
• Well-recognized online TESOL qualification (120 hours+) with a minimum of 2-5 years of teaching experience, ideally related to the teaching of reading, writing and/or general English courses.
• Bachelor’s degree in either Arts or Sciences. Arts or Sciences. Preference currently given to candidates with an English, Education or Science major.
Package & Benefits
1.Competitive monthly salary
Senior Teacher：15000-20,000RMB/before tax, negotiable according to qualifications, experience and position.
For Head teacher role：20,000-23,000RMB/month.
2. Monthly housing allowance（2000-4000RMB）
3.Sonspered Z visa
4.Annual bonus: up to 1-month salary (based on performance)
5.10 days paid annual leave + statutory holidays
6.Top level global medical insurance: MSH
7.Annual flight allowance 6000RMB
8.Provide help for finding a suitable apartment
9.7 nights free accommodation upon first arrival
Visa Support Yes
Only Candidates from this countries can apply:
Australia, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, New Zealand, United States, South Africa
Date Posted: 2019-01-07
Date Modified: 2019-01-07