There’s a saying in China that goes: “Up there is heaven, down here are Hangzhou and Suzhou.” Hangzhou is located on the coast of Eastern China and is the capital of Zhejiang province. It is a cultural, economic, and educational hub.
It is also one of the most famous tourist cities, thanks to West Lake, one of China’s most famous natural landmarks.
During the Yuan dynasty, it was called the most beautiful and luxurious city in the world by a famous Italian traveller Marco Polo. Having a long history of 2200 years, Hangzhou is one of seven ancient cities in China.
The city is not just famous for its beauty. The food here is simply incredible. Restaurants like The Grandma’s and Green Tea give diners a wonderful taste of Zhejiang province, which is characterised as fresh and a little bit sweet.
Located on the edge of one of China’s biggest lakes, Huzhou is a city that thrives on its past but continues to move forward into a prosperous future.
The city is known for its production of silk and historical preservation. Some sites date back 2,300 years when the city was first inhabited. Many historians also say that Huzhou is also the birthplace of Chinese tea culture, which visitors can experience at any number of teahouses in the area.
Cities like Hangzhou, Shanghai and Nanjing are all within close distance for a day trip.
Modernization has allowed conveniences like western-style apartments and fast-food restaurants, but the city’s love of history and culture has preserved the Chinese feel of the city.
* Welcoming you the opportunity to be part of an expanding, staff development focused organization; boasting 8 schools(7 inHangzhou and 1in Huzhou) with a multinational staff of over 160 teachers, teaching children ages 3-18.
* Not only do we offer a paid 2-week onboarding prior to being placed into a center, our structured support in order to ensure your continuous professional development is prioritized, ensures your expectations are at the forefront of a successful teaching experience!
* Growth Opportunities for committed, career minded professionals!
* Experience the best that China has to offer!
* Applicants must be citizens from the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa (China's visa regulations)
* Bachelor degree – will need to be notarized
* 120 hour TEFL or other teaching qualification (or willing to obtain one) or 2 years post graduate certificate
* Clean criminal background check, valid within 6 months – will need to be notarized
* A match with our core values and a love for enabling a child’s growth!
Salary and Benefits
★★ NET 15,000RMB – 20,000RMB ★★
* Up to 13,000 RMB/month NET base Salary (Commensurate with level of experience)
* 2000RMB quarterly bonus based on performance
* 3000RMB/month housing allowance and logistics support for finding an accommodation
* 11250RMB flight allowance for a 15 month contract, 18000 for a 2 year contract
* Airport pick up and Year-round logistics support
* Paid Z-visa, residence permit and sponsored foreign experts teaching license
* Paid 2-week initial onboarding and training
* Ongoing Regional and In-center CPD
* 6000RMB study allowance for a 2 year contract
* Cambridge TKT Qualifications
* Paid medical check and health insurance
* Paid Chinese tuition and ongoing Language Learning support
* 22 paid days holiday per year (24 in your 2nd year)
* Monthly social and teambuilding events
* Referral schemes - 3000RMB for each new teacher you refer to our recruiters – bring your friends!
* Contract re-sign bonus of 5000RMB
* Promotion opportunities in our ever expanding franchise – those who want to develop, we create the opportunities to do so!
Always Willing to Learn, Australia, Canada, Degrees, England, English as a Second Language (ESL), English Teaching, Ireland, New Zealand, Outgoing Personality, Passion, South African, Teaching English as a Foreign Language, Teaching English as a Second Language, US Citizen
Visa Support Yes
Only Candidates from this countries can apply:
Australia, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, New Zealand, United States, South Africa
Date Posted: 2018-06-07
Date Modified: 2018-06-07