Our teachers come from all over the world to experience working in China and living in Xi'an. We welcome applications from TEFL and ESL qualified teachers all year round, EF English First Xian has five centrally located schools and has a reputation as the best English Language Training company in the city.
Our schools are modern, well equipped and progressive and classes are based on EFs own syllabus and text books.
We teach small classes of students, mainly children from ages 3 - 16, and all the way up to adults. This breadth and variety of students gives our teachers great opportunity to develop into well rounded, experienced professionals.
In addition, we offer a continuous teacher development programme of training, observations and workshops. We greatly value our more experienced members of staff and encourage them to become involved in this.
We employ around 50 foreign teachers across our four EF schools in Xi'an, which means that there's always someone on hand to offer some teaching advice and support, or to go and grab a bite to eat with.
There is a fantastic support system and network of both foreign and Chinese staff, meaning that our team is fully provided for in terms of both professional development and social opportunities. Teachers are never short of help and support at work, or of company and a full social life outside of work.
Xi'an is the second most visited city in China (the first being Beijing), mainly due to its status as home of the Terracotta Warriors and Capital of China for 13 dynasties. Its also located right in the middle of the country, making it an excellent base from which to make the most of your paid vacation days!
Xi'an is an incredible place to live because it has the modern, cosmopolitan bustle of a major city and the charming, traditional, cultural side of more rural China Xian has the best of both worlds. Its the ideal choice if you want somewhere historic, steeped in culture and thoroughly Chinese, without having to forgo easy travel, a convenient life and a home with all the mod cons!
Xi'an is a really cheap city in which to live. The cost of living here is very low in comparison to other Chinese cities, so your pay check really goes a long way and building up savings is easy to do.
* Candidates must have a recognized teaching English as a foreign language (TEFL) certification.
* A University Degree is required.
* EFL classroom experience is also desirable, but not essential. In some cases, extensive relevant TEFL experience can be considered in lieu of formal TEFL qualifications. Above all else, candidates should be enthusiastic, committed, positive and sociable.
All successful applicants will be provided with a list of email addresses of all of the current teachers here.
EF English First Xi'an offers an excellent package value of 12500-18000 RMB which breaks down as follows:
* Generous salary 10000RMB - 15500RMB (after tax) per month depending on qualifications and experience.
* Modern, well located, fully furnished accommodation provided.
* 22 days Paid holidays - 10 days plus major Chinese national holidays.
* Comprehensive medical insurance.
* Monthly bonus
* Quarterly Appraisal bonus
* Referral bonus
* Loyalty bonus
* Z Visa and work permits paid for and arranged.
* Flight allowance of 10000RMB per year
* Administrative assistants available at each center to help teachers with day to day necessities, important purchases.etc
* Airport pickup and welcome dinner upon arrival.
* Various extra curriculum activities and social activities.
* Free Weekly Chinese lessons with EF Chinese Town
* On-going training and academic support
* Promotion opportunities across the four schools at EF Xian.
* Funded opportunities to take the Cambridge DELTA, Trinity Diploma and the Cambridge TKT exams.
* Flexible and caring management coupled with continuous teacher training and development.
* Annual staff retreat and Gala dinner party.
* Fantastic career development opportunities both here in Xi'an and as part of the world's largest private language school.
Education Management, Professional Training & Coaching, TEFL-ESL
Education, Teaching, Training
Co-teaching, English as a Second Language (ESL), English Teaching, Experience Working with Children, Teaching English as a Foreign Language, Teaching English as a Second Language
Visa Support Yes
Only Candidates from this countries can apply:
Australia, Canada, Spain, United Kingdom, Ireland, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russian Federation, United States, South Africa
Date Posted: 2018-02-22