This individual will work with academic team members to co-design and develop curriculum content, training materials related to curriculum, training modules, teaching aids, and manage some aspects of curriculum development such as test-run, implementation, evaluation and updates of programs.
This individual will be expected to deliver accurate, high-quality documentation with a specified deadline and timeline.
• Work with team members to analyze courses and needs, review and recommend textbooks and other educational materials.
• Work with team members to co-design and develop curriculum contents, training materials, training modules, teaching aids etc.
• Work with operations staff to develop procedures and guidance for teachers and other staff to implement curriculum.
• Improve the design of the curriculum based on student data, feedback from staff, actual observation of class and feedback on test run of curriculum designed;
• Work with teaching staff to evaluate the effectiveness of the program and keep updating curricula to ensure the curricula designed meet the needs of target customers;
• Train teachers and other instructional staff in new content or programs.
• Manage multiple program development projects simultaneously by prioritizing project deadlines.
Note: You may be asked to teach a limited amount of classes in order to understand the course and trial new alterations to existing courses, or test-run new courses. Your teaching hours will be determined by the Academic Management based on current development needs.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• Must have a minimum of a CELTA with a minimum of 5-6 years of teaching experience, ideally related to the teaching of reading, writing and/or general English courses.
• Bachelor’s degree in either Arts or Sciences. A teaching qualification such as CELTA, TESOL, ideally at postgraduate level.
• Experience of developing own lesson plans and resources while working towards set goals and objectives.
• Minimum of five years of relevant teaching experience of reading, writing and/or general English courses. Conversation classes would not count towards this experience.
• Experience in managing multiple tasks and the ability to deal positively with obstacles to progress.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Good understanding of online teaching practice and key principles of child learning.
• Ability to effectively collaborate with others to achieve desired outcomes.
• Strong organizational skills and time management skills; ability to be flexible and solve problems.
• Analytical skills to examine student test data and make recommendations for improvement in curriculum;
• Effective writing skills and Creative skills;
Desired Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Holds a postgraduate qualification in an education-related discipline, with post-qualification experience.
• Strong understanding and application of educational concepts and learning principles to classroom practice.
• Experience of managing and collaborating across departments and/or locations.
• Experience and competence with digital technology in the classroom.
• Prior experience with teaching programming, electronics and technology.
• Prior experience at English training centers.
• Prior experience in international departments and/or international school settings.
• Prior experience with IB PYP, Inquiry-based learning, Project-based learning.
• Monthly Housing Allowance
• End of contract bonus
• Legal work visa
• Paid holidays:11 days plus public holidays.
• Paid Sick Leave days: 12 days
• MSH Medical Insurance
• Annual Health Check
• Airfare allowance:6000/year
• 1 week accommodation upon arrival
• Arrival Assistant
• Holiday Benefits
• TEFL (if needed)
Training Organization / Language School
Education, Teaching, Writing/Editing, English Teacher
Curriculum Development, English Teaching
Visa Support Yes
Only Candidates from this countries can apply:
Canada, Ireland, United States
Date Posted: 2019-09-05
Date Modified: 2019-09-05