We are currently expanding and seeking talented editors to join our growing Beijing Review newsroom.
The copy team works closely with content producers and the art and production teams to ensure that print and digital materials are of the highest quality. On a typical day, editors will edit and approve around 10-15 news articles and features covering a wide array of legal practice areas, including employment, environmental law, intellectual property and securities, in industries such as energy, financial services, health care, media and technology. Additional responsibilities include writing headlines and reshaping ledes; line editing, copy editing and basic fact checking; and examining newsletters prior to publication.
Job Responsibilities for Copy Editors:
- Write, rewrite, edit and polish stories;
- Undertake interviews as requested and help plan editorial content;
- Participate in the layout process.
- Implement new media strategy; publish social media contents; create, execute and manage new media campaigns;
Write clear, compelling, and on-brand product descriptions for apparel and accessories and our wholesale partners’ sites.
Regularly communicate with Design, Production, and Merchandising to ensure copy is accurate and informative.
Attend showroom walkthroughs, line reviews, and design meetings to bolster product descriptions.
Amend and revise product descriptions in response to feedback from merchants, editors, or other business partners.
Work on several projects at once in order to meet multiple deadlines.
Continuously develop and refine the voice for product descriptions.
Founded in March 1958 as the weekly Peking Review, it was an important tool for the People's Republic of China government to communicate to the rest of world. The first issue included an editor's note explaining that the magazine was meant to "provide timely, accurate, first-hand information on economic, political and cultural developments in China, and her relations with the rest of the world.
Job Requirements for Copy Editors:
- Bachelor' s degree in communications, journalism, advertising, marketing, English (or comparable work experience).
- A thorough knowledge of the English language and grammar, proofreaders’ marks, research tools, techniques, and the principles of journalism.
- A strong editorial voice and knowledge.
- Computer and Web literate, proficiency with Word and Excel, experience with database tools, content management systems, and knowledge of best-in-class dot-com practices.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
Media Production, Online Media, Writing and Editing
Article Creation, Article Editing, Article Writing, Column Writing, Content Editor, Content Writing, Copy Editing, Copywriting, Creative Writing, Editing for Web, Editorial, English writing, Magazine Articles, News Writing, Writing News Releases
Visa Support Yes
Only Candidates from this countries can apply:
Date Posted: 2020-02-19
Date Modified: 2020-02-19