An Academic Training Coordinator will deliver and document training activities based on the direction and supervision of the region’s Academic Manager. In addition, they may assist with the development of curriculum and training materials on a project by project basis. They will retain a 5-day working week with teaching hours on one or two days a week according to the requirements of the region. They will deliver observations or group training sessions related to academic instruction while working towards project deadlines as required. Under the instruction of the Academic Manager, they are expected to rotate between schools on a regular basis delivering orientations, group trainings and observations of academic staff members.
In addition, in those centers without a Head Teacher, they may be required to fulfill some of those direct supervisory duties temporarily, including but not limited to employee appraisals and teacher-staff communication.
The ATC is expected to conduct and keep records of observations of senior teaching staff and, in lieu of a Head Teacher, regular academic staff. In conjunction with supervisors and management staff, they will work with team members in the continued professional development of academic staff to reach optimal performance and meet Élan’s expectations of academic quality and delivery.
• Qualifications and Requirements
• Bachelor's Degree – Education, English or Business preferred
• Over 3 years related teaching experience with high quality delivery
• Proven track record of management experience
• TEFL/TESOL certificate or higher
• High self-motivation with strong personal drive and initiative
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills, and experience as an instructional leader