The tourist’s attractions in China are as diverse as the country itself. Whether you prefer visiting sights with cultural or historical significance, the ones renowned for architectural wonders, natural beauty or sprawling cities, China has something for everyone. It has cultural relics, natural heritages and even a combination of both. By 2015, 48 noteworthy Chinese sites were inscribed on the UNESCO’s world Heritage List among the 10 Natural Heritage, 34 Cultural Heritage and 4 Cultural and Natural Heritage. At 48, it was ranking second to Italy.
World Cultural Heritage Sites in China
1. Ancient Building Complex in the Wudang Mountains
This is at number 705 of the world’s heritage sites and is located in Shiyan, Hubei. It was declared world’s heritage site in 1994
2. Ancient City of Ping Yao
It is at number 812 and was declared a heritage site in 1997. It is located in Pingyao County, Shanxi.
3. Ancient Villages of Southern Anhui-Xidi and Hongcun
Fall at number 1002 and they are located in Yi County, Anhui and was declared a heritage site in 2000.
4. Capital Cities and Tombs of Ancient Koguryo Kingdom
It is at number 1135 and was declared a heritage site in 2004 with its location at Ji’an, Jilin.
5. Classical Gardens of Suzhou
They include Lingering Garden, Lion Grove, Garden of Master of Nets and the Humble Administrator Garden which were declared as heritage sites in 1997 and 2000 taking number 823.They are located in Suzhou, Jiangsu
6. Cultural Landscape of Honghe Hani Rice Terraces
This is located in Yuanyang County, Yunnan and was declared a heritage site at number 1111 in2013
7. Dazu Rock Carvings
Fall at number 912 and is located at Dazu District, Chongqing and was declared in 1999.
8. Fujian Toledo
Declared in 2006 at number 1113 and located in Fujian.
9. Historic Centre in Macao
At number 110, declared in 2005, located in Macau
10. Historic monuments of Denfeng in “the Center of Heaven and Earth.”
Declared in 2010 at number 1305 and located in Dengfeng, Henan.
11. Imperial Palaces of the Ming and Qing Dynasties in Beijing and Shenyang
Including Mukden Place and Forbidden City and are located in Shengyan, Liaoning, and Beijing respectively and were declared in 1987 and 2004 and fall at number 439.
12. Imperial Tombs of the Ming and Ting dynasties
They include the Ming Xiaolong Mausoleum and Ming Dynasty Tombs, which are located in Beijing and Nanjing, Jiangsu and were declared heritage sites in 2000, 2003 and 2004 at number 1004.
13. Kaiping Diaolou and Villages
Declared in 2007 at number 1112 and located in Kaiping, Guangdong.
14. Longmen Grottoes
Located in Luoyang, Henan, declared in 2000 at number 2003
15. Lushan National Park
Located at Lushan District, Jiangxi and declared in 1996 at number 778.
16. Mausoleum of the First Qin Emperor
Declared in 1987 at number 441 its located in Xi’an, Shaanxi
17. Magao Caves
Found in Dunhuang, Gansu and declared in 1987 at number 440.
18. Mount Qingcheng and the Dujiangyan Irrigation System
Declared in 2000 falling at number 1001 and located in Dujiangyan City, Sichuan.
19. Mount Wutai
Located in Wutai County, Shanxi and was declared in 2009 falling at number1279
20. Mountain Resort and its Outlying Temples, Chengdu
Located in Chengde, Hebei and was declared in 1994 at number 703
21. Old Town of Lijiang
Located in Lijiang and was declared in 1997 at number 811.
22. Silk Roads: the Routes Network of Chang’an-Tianshan corridor
Located across Chang’an-Tianshan declared in 2014 at number 1442.
23. Site of Xanadu
Located in Xilingol, Inner Mongolia, declared in 2012 at number 1389
24. Summer Palace, an Imperial Garden in Beijing
Found in Beijing, declared in 1998 at number 880
25. Temple and Cemetery of Confucius and the Kong Family Mansion in Qufu (1994)
Declared in 1994 at number 704 and found in Qufu, Shandong.
26. Temple of Heaven: an Imperial Sacrificial Altar in Beijing
Declared in 1998 at number 881 and located in Beijing.
27. The Grand Canal
Located in Beijing, Tianjin, Anhui, Hebei, Shandong, Henan and Jiangsu declared at number 1443 in 2014
28. The Great Wall
Located in Northern China and was declared a heritage site in 1987 at number 438.
29. Tusi Sites
Found in Guizhou, Hunan, and Hubei, declared in 2015 at number 1474.
30. West Lake Cultural Landscape of Hangzhou
Declared in 2011 at number 1334 and located in Hangzhou, Zhejiang.
31. Yin Xu
Located in Anyang, Henan, declared at number 114 in 2006
32. Yungang Grottoes
Declared in 2001 at number 1039 and located in Datong, Shanxi
33. Historic Ensemble of the Potala Palace, Lhasa
Including Norbulingka and Jokhang Temple and its located in Lhasa, Tibet, declared in1994,2000, 2001 at number 707
34. Perking Man Site at Zhoukoudian
Declared in 1987 at number 449 and located in Beijing.
1. Chengjiang Fossil Site
Located in Chengjiang County, Yunnan and was declared in 2012 at number 1388
2. China Danxia
Located in Zhejiang, Guizhou, and Jiangxi and was declared in 2010 at number 1335
3. Huanglong Scenic and Historic Interest Area
Located in Songpan County, Sichuan and declare in 1992 at number 638
4. Jiuzhaigou Valley and Historic Interest
Located in Jiuzhaigou County, Sichuan and was declared in 1992 at number 637.
5. Mount Sanqingshan National Park-Wolong, Mt. Siguniang and Jiajin Mountains
Located in Yushan County, Jiangxi and was declared in 2008 at number 1292
6. South China Karst
Located in Guizhou, Yunnan, Guangxi and Chongqing and was declared in 2007, 2014 at number 1214.
7. Three Parallel Rivers of Yunnan Protected Areas
Located in Yunnan and was declared at number 1083 in 2003.
8. Wulingyuan Scenic and Historic Interest Area
Located in Zhangjiajie, Hunan and was declared at number 640 in 1992
9. Xinjiang Tianshan
It is located in Xinjiang and was declared in 2013 at number 1414
10. Sichuan Giant Panda Sanctuaries- Wolong, Mt Siguniang, and Jiajin Mountains
Found in Sichuan, declared in2006 at number 1213
1. Mount Emei Scenic Area, Including Leshan Giant Buddha Scenic Area
Located in Emeishan City and Leshan, Sichuan and was declared in 1996 at number 779
2. Mount Huangshan
Located in Huangshan City, Anhui and was declared in 1990 at number 547
3. Mount Taishan
Located in Tai’an, Shandong and was declared at number 437 in 1987
4. Mount Wuyi
Located in Northwestern Fujian and was declared in 1999 at number 911
The high number of world historical sites featured by UNESCO from China clearly shows how rich China is in Culture, history, and natural beauty. When you visit China, your jaws will drop not only for their uniquely diverse cultures but also by the beautiful natural and man-made sites. China has maintained a winning lane on everything from its first-lane careers and modernized Cosmopolitan cities, to its booming economic growth and tourist section. China is definitely, a force to reckon with and the world is looking east so as to be part of its success stories. The tourists attractions are a site to behold and worth a million words of expression of how incredibly magnificent China is.
- Lucrative Freelancing Jobs in China (a Complete Guide) - October 1, 2022
- 5 Recruitment Tips for Hiring During and After the Pandemic - May 20, 2022
- The Most Demanded Careers for Americans in China - November 27, 2021